10 October 2011

Embracing Mistakes

Have you ever done something, gone along with life like everything is peachy, and then realized you inadvertently hurt someone or otherwise screwed up? Sometimes there's not much you can do aside from trying to brush all the shattered pieces of glass into the same bucket and pray for the best, having faith that God is right beside you, guiding you.

Me? No, I never make mistakes! (I can't even pretend to not laugh at that.)

All month, in fact, all my life, I've made mistakes. You, too? You don't say! And all this time I was down on myself for being a unique peculiar oddball imperfect woman...you say that's all of us? (Minus the woman part for some.)

Sometimes you can fix these blunders, sometimes you can't. Either way, the only thing that keeps the peace within me is having faith that God will carry us through it (not without some effort on our own part, of course) and help us to grow from it. Lesson(s) learned...and new ones learned...and then more learned...


C'est la vie, eh?

Perhaps it's the History Major in me,
but I think letters are that much more
beautiful when they have crossed out
words and ink blotches.
Life certainly hasn't "stopped" while I've started this most recent journey. A new chapter in a book can still have typos. Hopefully not the same ones over and over, but small blotches, or what seem to be blotches, along the way. In the end, you can still have a brilliant book, complete with it's minor, unique spots and spurts and misspelled words. Sometimes, even, these misspellings become new words (seriously, Shakespeare created words so why can't I). So, this month I'm going to focus on embracing my metaphorical (and completely literal) misspellings and embrace them less as personal failings and more as ways of seeing the world in a new way and learning and looking forward from my mistakes. I encourage you to try this challenge with me :)

"I do not at all understand the mystery of grace-only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us." -Anne Lamont 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment