11 October 2011

Egg Salad, Boiled Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, Deviled Eggs, Macaroni Salad, French Toast, etc.

After volunteering at the school today, I decided to grab some groceries on my walk back to my apartment. It was a splendid idea and I love making the most of my trip home. I gathered up a shopping basket full of food and made my way to the deli section where there were mountains of eggs in giant egg cartons. This is it, I thought, it's my time to shine. I'm going to use my Arabic to order my eggs! And so I did, I ordered a whole dozen. Although I probably only needed six, I thought it would be worth it to get the extra now and have them in my fridge when need be. The gentleman helping to pack my eggs (in the carton with the pastic wrap) even gave me the option of which section of eggs I wanted. I didn't know the difference so I said I would take the bright white eggs in the larger container.  I went around the corner to grab my newest and final parcel for this grocery voyage and met with the man giving me quite a few more eggs than I thought I had asked for. I didn't count, but I thought, a dozen and a half or so, perhaps? That's nothing to make him rewrap the eggs for. 


Needless to say, I am now sitting with thirty bright, white eggs in my fridge, trying to come up with recipes to use them. Next time, I think I'll let go of my pride/embarrassment and just say that I don't really need two and a half dozen eggs. Oh, and I'm having French Toast in the morning ;)


C'est la vie! Roll with the punches...or eggs, as the case may be!



No comments:

Post a Comment