24 July 2011

My Placement :)

The moment we've all been waiting for (or, at least, I have!) has finally arrived! I just got an email detailing some of what I will be doing during the next year and where I'll be doing it.

An idea of where the two cities are in relation to each other.
Note: Bethlehem in between and Jerusalem to the north!

So, you want to know? Fine, fine, you've twisted my arm...

Starting in September I will be volunteering at Beit Sahour School, with the plan that some of this time will also be spent devoted to the music program at Dar Al-Kalima. Both of these schools are run under the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land. Of course, you're probably thinking, "Where in the world is Beit Sahour? I've never heard of that before." Beit Sahour literally means "Place of the Night Watch," which hints at it's long history with shepherding. "Oh, shepherds. Sounds exciting," you say in a flat voice. NOT JUST ANY SHEPHERDS! Beit Sahour contains the place where the angels told the shepherds of Christ's birth. You can't see my reaction to this news, but know it involved lots of excited jumping up and down :)

I've mentioned in other posts that I will get to chose my secondary placement (everyone is placed at a school for their primary). This will happen once I get there and get a chance to explore my options.

I'm super excited right now, everyone! I can't believe that in a month (exactly as of today) I will be in the Middle East. I will be embarking on my adventure, the result of which only God knows. This is such an incredible journey, won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment