24 July 2011

Fundraising Update: We're not done yet!



Thank you to all who have helped me in my fundraising for my mission work this upcoming year! I am deeply humbled at the love and support (some by people I have never met), and your faith in the Holy Spirit to work through me and my fellow YAGMS. Together, you and I have currently raised just under $3000, which goes towards my transportation, housing, food, small weekly stipend, health insurance, and orientations. It has been such an adventure seeing how people have come together to help me, through fundraising events like our Improv Comedy Night and Musical Benefit Concert this past Spring, and just by hearing a little bit about the journey on which I am about to embark.

But I'm still $1000 away from my goal!!!

A few people have asked, "Courtney, what will you do if you don't reach your $4,000 fundraising goal?" My response has been to answer that I'm not too concerned about raising the money, since people have already been so supportive. Yet, there is still a little ways to go, and so I've thought up a few possible things I can do if I fall short...

1. Learn how to walk on a tight-rope. Tie rope between the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials in Washington, DC and walk across while reciting the Gettysburg Address.
2. Find a violin and attempt to play on the street until people pay me to *stop* playing!
3. Sell my siblings...
4. Sell my Dad's car! (He's none too pleased with that idea)
5. Continue to write blog posts about the remaining amount to be fundraised!


I'm excited to let you know that the deadline for donations has been extended to August 15th! You can send in your tax deductible donation by check made out to "Good Shepherd Lutheran Church" (with "Courtney YAGM" in the memo line)! Email me at cty (dot) weller (at) gmail (dot) com for the mailing address. Your donation will join other's in helping me reach my $4,000 fundraising goal, which is almost half of what it costs to send off a Young Adult in Global Mission. 


So to recap: Thanks for your support! There is still time to contribute financially to Young Adults in Global Mission (every amount helps!) and extend your (or your church's) ministry of service abroad. The new deadline is August 15th, but please send your donations in early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment