21 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day over here in Palestine and there have been a lot of celebrations at the Evangelical Lutheran School in Beit Sahour. Students have handed out flowers to their teachers and the kinder-garten all dressed up in "Halloween" costumes, performing songs, dances, and poems for their mothers.

The highlight of my day, though, has been watching one of our teachers with a tiny squirt gun. He was poised at the window looking into the kinder-garten quad, carefully hidden behind the trees that grow in front of the windows. Then, with expert precision, he managed to squirt some of the older students helping the kids with crafts. The looks on their faces as they tried to figure out where the water was coming from was hilarious (my favorite being when one girl kept looking up at the sky, and then at the tree closest to her)! Then the teacher turned his attention on the other YAGM I work with, Alma. I giggled like crazy! I was amazed at how well the teacher was able to get the girls on their heads and arms. Methinks this squirt gun is not a new toy :)


Happy Mother's Day to all those who mother us, both biologically and emotionally.

My mom and me :) Love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment