16 August 2011

Almost Gone

"You're not waiting for life to begin, you've begun it!"
      -My dental hygienist


In less than 24 hours I will be enroute to Chicago where I will have pre-departure orientation for a week before flying out to Tel Aviv.

Wow.


I've gone through a ton of emotions already and know that there are a few more yet to come. I'd appreciate your prayers as I travel these next few weeks, not only for me, but for my family as well (and, of course, my fellow YAGMs and all those awaiting our arrival in Jerusalem).

One emotion that has popped it's head up is that of frustration. We sent our visa applications and stuffs in at the end of May, but are still waiting for official approval to get the visas placed in our passports. Everyone is working super hard on our behalf, and I know things will get done...but it's not in my nature to not worry. Luckily, everything is out of my hands, so there really isn't much I can do. Actually, there isn't anything I can do. What this means is that our group will be staying in Chicago after our pre-departure orientation for 1-2 weeks while we await final approval and such. I've never spent time in Chicago (flown through and left) so perhaps I will have some time to explore "The Windy City".

All this to say, thank you for your prayers, please continue them! I'm excited to get to Jerusalem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment