19 October 2008

Note: this post is from quite a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post it. I hope you enjoy this reflection on the beginning of fall in England...
-----------------------------------

Fall is here. That crisp air smell is present, even all the way across the pond. It's a rather encouraging feeling, that no matter where I would be this semester I still get to experience that Fall smell. 

This weekend I had the opportunity to just relax, which has been very much appreciated. After a week busy with lectures and papers, I decided that, since I only have one tutorial (and thus only one paper) due this week, on Friday, I could use the weekend to regain sleep and work on my personal to-do list. This list included cleaning up my desk area, writing postcards, and filling out my absentee ballot. Upon reviewing the choices for president I realized how very important this election is. For the U.S., for the world, for history. I had some reservations about who I was going to vote for, but when the options were laid in front of me, it became apparent what my choice would be. 

Luckily, my rejuvenating weekend also allowed me to take go into the backyard of The Vines (the house where I'm living). I'm sad to say that yesterday was my first time going into the backyard! The weather was great and it seemed very peaceful so I headed out back and had a great time talking to my younger nephews and sister on the phone. Today I went back outside to take some pictures, since I figured the leaves will soon be gone (they seemed to have fallen all in a matter of a few days, making me think a better name for the Autumn/Fall season in Oxford would be 'Drop', like my friend Alicia suggested). Below are a few pictures that I took outside...







No comments:

Post a Comment